what's the right way to drag an item on the calendar ?

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Hi,

I noticed that it is possible to drag an item on the calendar; I don't understand the right rules for dragging an item.

For instance :

- I create a new item at a certain time and then i drag the element to the head column of the day; sometimes it does work but sometimes the control doesn't allow me to do it

-I create a new item inside the head of a day; the item is two days long.

I drag the item at a certain time....here...sometimes the controll allow me to do it and sometimes not.

Could you give some explanation about it.

Cheers.

Zoster

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM

When you drag an item, you are changing its Start Date/Time.

The Duration of the item is initially set when you create the item.

If you double click on the day header, the default duration is 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds; And it's start time at 12:00AM that day.
This means if you drag the item to a different time, then you are changing its start time and probably pushing its End time onto the next date.

Example:

• Double click on the header
  • creates item for the day you clicked on (this item, starts at 12:00AM that day, and ends at 23:59:59 that day)
  • Drag the item to 01:00AM for the day it is on. (you have now changed its Start time from 12:00AM to 01:00AM but kept its duration the same. This means your item starts 01:00AM today, and ends 12:59:59AM Tomorrow)

To change an items duration, you drag from the Bottom, or Top (if spanned across multiple days will be on the left and right).

To create an item with a duration less than 24 hours:

• Highlight a set amount of hours (that you want your duration to be) and press Enter